City Life Center

Sep 17, 2010

Friday before the Chuseok break

I can officially say that I have now been in Korea for two months. Yesterday was my last day of work before the Chuseok Holiday (similar to Korean's Thanksgiving). Needless to say, I was in my weekly meeting with my coworkers on a Friday
afternoon, when the principal started to carry in bags
and bags of presents for all of the teachers. I felt like it was Christmas. Among some of my presents, ah yes, as you can see a huge supply of SPAM, haha I thought that was sooooo funny. I also got a huge supply of seaweed, grapes, and some really nice homemeade soap and pretty bathtowels. To top it off, when I came back to my apartment carrying all of my "presents", I also received a box in the mail from a good friend friend from home, complete with books, candy! (Korean candy isn't as sweet as candy back home I have noticed), and various personal items...It was a great day. To top it off to celebrate the beginning of the holiday, I met my friend for dinner and then we walked around Uijeongbu eating icecream and looking at all the sites. It's a terrific start to my Chuseok Holiday. I know you're all jealous of my huge supply of SPAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment