City Life Center

Jul 26, 2010

Familiarity in an Unfamiliar World

Here it is Monday evening and I can't help but smile about the amazing weekend and discovery that I found in Seoul. To start off with, I met up with my cousin who happens to be in this "lonely planet" himself although for different reasons. Needless to say, we caught up and had a great time. We understood that we had been mistaken for a couple after some koreans motioned for us to move our table closer to the stage, and then proceeded to pull down a theatre size projection of Mariah Carey singing in concert and having us perform the "hugging chug" with our german beer! Understanding the miscommunication, Ryan and I almost died laughing before turning to the words "sa-ch'on" aka "cousins" in America. Everyone had a good laugh and said "sorry, sorry"
Alas to conclude a wonderful fun-filled weekend, Ryan and I happened upon quite an attraction in Seoul. Thinking we found a cool little hill and tower to explore, we quickly learned that this "little tower" was quite bigger than we expected and actually was SEOUL TOWER!!! all I can say is unbelievable view and dining in style while overlooking the lights of the city is a great recipe for a night to remember. I'll try and leave out some of our subway mishaps but with the delightful guidance of "whoop, whoop!" we made it back to our respective abodes in Korea safely...enjoy the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment