City Life Center

Nov 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Reflection

Here it is November, 2012 and I have now celebrated my third Thanksgiving in Korea.  This one by far was the most memorable and the most heartwarming.  Looking back at my experience in Korea, I have so much to be thankful for.  I love how people come into  your life and a friendship unravels and they become a part of you and a part of them.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful people I have met here.  Friends, coworkers, and churchmates opened up their home tonight and invited people over to share in a Thanksgiving (chicken) style meal.  Not only was the food delicious, but we all watched Its a Wonderful Life together afterwards.  My friends projected the movie onto their wall so it had the feeling of being in a theater.  As I was watching the movie, I was reminded of the many times I'd watched the movie in the past around the holidays with my family and how touching it is.  I feel now the connectedness of people and the message that we never know who we will touch and/or the impact that we will have on people.  I feel myself changing and the realizations of what is important in life and how I spend my time is something I am more aware of now than in the past.  My time in Korea is coming to a close, and I am ready to begin a new chapter in my life, but the friendships and memories that I have discovered here will be with me for always.  I have a new sense of truth in life, and a new sense of hope and I am looking foward to having more of the world's truths be revealed to be as I continue searching.  I have a lot to be Thankful for this holiday season and am reminded of it more and more everyday....Life is a precious gift to be treasured and shared with others. 

1 comment:

  1. Yayy! Happy you started writing again & glad to hear you had a happy thanksgiving. For the record, I am Thankful to have met you and hope to stay connected when you leave.

    ReplyDelete