City Life Center

Oct 17, 2010

Exploring Korea



Today I was able to experience a fall flower festival and also visit a paleolithic site in Korea. The flower festival was in Youngchun, and I'm not sure where they other place was. I went with a family that I have had the privilege of getting to know. The day was perfect. I met the family around 1 pm and then we drove about an hour to the place. I sat in the back with "Claudia" (English name) and her brother. During the ride, Claudia loved practicing her English on me and I was so excited to hear them play Mama Mia on the ride. We all enjoyed singing "dancing queen" and "honey, honey" while driving through the countryside. It was great! The flowers were absolutely beautiful and made a very sweet and delcious tea. The aroma was like stepping in a personal flower boutique. I tried to capture some of the beautiful colors in my pictures. After the flower festival we drove and visited a paleolithic museum site. There were many sculptures on the lawn mimicking people from that period and the activities that their day would consist of...i.e. hunting, fishing, working with rock tools, etc. I was amazed to discover that many of the stone artifacts were released from the earth in 1994....it makes me wonder what new treasures they will dig up in the future. a beautiful and very historical country, and I am eager to learn more about the history in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment