City Life Center

Jul 23, 2010

Week 1

I can now say that I have lived in South Korea for a little over a week. My first impressions on the country are wonderful. My first challenge was to navigate through an unfamiliar city and meet up with a recruiter (whom I had only had contact with via computer) so my recruiter could then bring me to the apartment I would be living in for the following year. Luckily, and maybe with some help from above, I happened to sit next to a friendly Korean during my flight from Japan(got rerouted from the states) whom spoke English, showed me how to claim baggage, exhange my money, buy the correct bus ticket, and also use his cellphone! wooo...met the recruiter showed me to the apartment, passed out!
The next day I met Ms. Lim whom is an administrator and liasion for Kyungmin College. She was very sweet and showed me around Uijeongbu as well as introduced me to the president. I attended an end of the semester celebration where I met my future students and watched them perform English skits, ballet skits, musical pieces, tae-kwon-do with a humor twist..It was great, and the students are absolutely adorable! They love calling me Teacher! Teacher! with huge grins on their faces.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome talking with you this morning! Love Ya!!! Trevor and Lexi say hi and hugs and kisses too!!!

    ReplyDelete